20 Feb Bigger venue! Don’t miss this social media seminar with Columbia University’s Sree Sreenivasan
The University of Washington Communication Leadership program will host a Social Media One-Night Stand with Sree Sreenivasan, Columbia University’s Chief Digital Officer and CNET News blogger, in partnership with the Seattle Times and the Seattle chapters of SPJ and AAJA.
LOCATION UPDATE: Due to overwhelming interest, we’ve moved the event to a bigger venue.
Take note:Â The event will now be held March 18 at 6 p.m. at University of Washington Husky Union Building (HUB), Lyceum. Tickets are $10. Get them before they’re gone!
We’re excited to help bring this event to Seattle. Sree will talk about:
- How to deepen your connection with your audience via social media
- New tools you must absolutely know and use
- How to build your personal brand
- How to find, on deadline, specific types of people you need for work
- The best ways to increase your followers, fans, and connections
- How to get the “right” followers, fans, and connections
- Metrics: why you need to understand them and how you can do just that
- Sustainable social media — how to keep from drowning in information and make time to participate efficiently
Sreenivasan has given version of this talk to CNN, NBC, ABC, St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Boston Globe, Washington Post, NPR, Mediabistro and others.
Sreenivasan is one of AdAge’s 25 media people to follow on Twitter and one of Poynter’s 35 most influential people in social media. More on him at http://sree.net.