28 Sep SPJ co-sponsors a “Future of News” conference at Seattle U
The Western Washington Pro Chapter of SPJ is co-sponsoring a conference on Oct. 10 on the Seattle University campus dedicated to the future of news.
– The Future of Newspapers;
– Building Your Brand as an Independent Journalist;
– How is Technology Shaping the Newsroom of the 21st Century?;
– Introduction to Investigative Reporting;
– Online Content Management: Whoâ€™s Using What â€“ and Why?;
– Building Independent Online News Sites;
– Career Transitions: Leaving Journalism Behind;
– Covering The Recovery: A Primer On Business Reporting;
– Online Options: CoPress and Stunt3;
– Freedom of the Press: From state sunshine laws to the federal shield law, whatâ€™s the status of legal issues impacting journalists in the Pacific Northwest?;
– Can Public Interest PR Help Fill the Information Gap?;
– The Blogging Life;
– Cool Tools;
– User Generated Content: Keeping it Legal, Keeping it Lively; and
– Fair Fight or Copy Right?
Registration is $50 per person; $15 for students and unemployed journalists.
For more information, visit www.thenewsconference.com.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.